Friday, November 7, 2008

The Perils of Indifference by Elie Wiesel -Dora Barnhill

After reading The Perils of Indifference, I was left feeling very informed and content with what the author had to say. I feel that no one should be indifferent to others that are less fortunate. I have a good life and nice things but that is not what makes me happy. What makes me happy is being able to help others, and to not be indifferent towards anyone just because they are different then myself.
I enjoyed reading this piece, because Elie used good illustrations. She was also very informed on the topic and her choice of words made the the essay flow. As I was reading I felt as if she was not trying to make me believe what she had to say but give me the facts so that I could create my own opinion. All in all she got my attention and made me think.

1 comment:

Spencer Dora Peggie Matt said...

Good job, Dora. Nicely written critique.

Peggie