Friday, November 7, 2008

The Perils of Indifference (critique) By Spencer Lynch

I enjoyed reading this piece, I believe that Elie makes a good point to say that is indifference a good or a bad thing? Does it induce a better life for most and a bad life for some? These are questions she asks that make me think should I care about other peoples problems? If I am content in my own life should I try to improve the life of another? From her given example such as Aushwitz and Hiroshima, I believe that we should help others in need. Because if America had never helped those suffering in concentration camps, then they might still be under Nazi rule, if not dead.
As far as being persuaded what Elie is saying, I felt more informed as opposed to persuaded. Because I did not feel as though Elie was telling me I needed to care more for others or I am a bad person. I felt as though she were saying if you helps others more, look what can come of it. Overall I enjoyed the piece it was intresting, and gave examples to illustrate the point she was getting across.

2 comments:

Spencer Dora Peggie Matt said...

High five , Spencer. Very good post.

Peggie

hardcorerr said...

helped alot!