Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No Name Woman Critique by Dora Barnhill

No Name Woman by Maxine Hong Kingston was a very interesting book and can be interpreted in many different ways. My interpretation was that her mother was just telling her a false story about a Aunt that was fictional to teach her daughter about the ways of the Chinese people and what is right and wrong. I feel like that from the story that she made up what she thought had happened to her "Aunt" and why her aunt did what she did.
This story was difficult to understand for me and I felt that if it was told in a more factual way it would have been more effective. At the end of the story I was left feeling a bit confused and I wasn't sure what had actually happened. 

1 comment:

Spencer Dora Peggie Matt said...

I agree. The story was a bit hard to comprehend. Because it was being told as if her mom was still telling it, it was harder to fellow what was going on.Good job, Dora.

Peggie