Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Critique " Why I Want a Wife" by Peggie McNeil

The essay , Why I Want a Wife, by Judy Brady, is delightful. I really enjoy this type essay. It is lighthearted, picturesque, springy, bouncy, funny, and entertaining. Her sense of humor reminds me of Erma Bombeck's.
I think that Judy was the wife she wrote about in this essay because I can feel her heart in it. She thought of all the things she had done to make a happy home for her family, and how wonderful it would be to have someone to do these things for her for a change. She is comparing her life as a female ,during that era, to the male's life.
Judy almost made me wish I had a wife, but I decided on a husband with those same qualities and traits ; however, he would come with a few extras.
Besides all of his responsibilities at home, he would also have a job. He would be at least 6ft., 4in. tall and have a physique like Tyson Bedford's; In fact, I wouldn't be upset if he looks like him too. He would shower me with gifts at all times, keep them coming, baby. He would insisted that I pick out the sharpest BMW on the car lot because he wants his wife to drive in style, and he would demand to make the payments each month. He would perform a moonlight serenade nightly, regardless of the weather. He would give great back massages and pedicures.
Boy, what a great hubby he would be, and then I woke up. I saw my husband leaning back in the recliner drinking a beer. Maybe God does have a sense of humor.



,

No comments: