Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Why I want a Wife" by Judy Brady Critique- Dora Barnhill

In the 70's, which is when this essay "Why I want a wife" was written, it was different then it is now. At this time woman stayed at home and watched the kids while their husbands got to go out and work and experience new things. In a way I feel like Judy Brady is angry because she is stuck at home taking care of the kids, cleaning house, making dinner, and just being a housewife. I also gathered that she wanted to go to school, she mentioned this a lot and I feel like it was the main source of her anger.
If I was put in Judy Brady's shoes I would feel the same way. I would hate to have to spend all my time at home and not have a job just because thats how society thinks it should be. All in all I feel like she was just trying to get the point across that women do a lot for their family but they should be able to get help from their husband and be able to go out and do things for their selfs, such as getting a higher education.

1 comment:

Spencer Dora Peggie Matt said...

Very insightful post , Dora, you did a good job. I agreed with you.