Friday, October 24, 2008

Essay Critique "Sex, Lies, and Conversation" by Spencer Lynch

I enjoyed this essay, because I believe that what Deborah Tannen is saying is very much true. She is imposing that in a given relationship between a woman and man, most of the time men show lack of communication. They act as though they are not listening. But Deborah reassures us that men are listening, they just might not know how to respond. Although, in a public situation around a small group of people, men tend to be more social and talkative. I agree with her strongly, because from a male point of view I can understand what she is describing. I know that when I am around a small group of people that I do not see as often, I am more social and talkative than if I was at home.

1 comment:

Spencer Dora Peggie Matt said...

Great post, Spencer. It shows how you, as a male , can understand her essay.

Peggie